Legal Matter Management
Passport® Legal Matter Management is part of Datacert’s suite of industry-leading solutions for
enterprise legal management. Datacert has taken the expertise and best practices from over two decade’s worth of experience developing
and deploying matter management solutions for the world’s largest and most complex legal departments and combined it with the power of
Passport. The result is Passport Legal Matter Management, which delivers proven matter management capabilities enhanced by superior
usability features that simplify how lawyers work, powerful tools for internal and external collaboration, improved visibility across
all areas of legal operations, and an unprecedented ability for the customer to configure and extend its own solution to keep
pace with its unique business needs. In fact, Passport has been recognized by Hyperion Research, the leading analyst firm focused
on legal technology and operations, for its industry-leading design and usability and extensive configuration and development tools.
Passport Legal Matter Management supports effective risk and compliance management by providing a comprehensive view of the
relationships between costs, financial and business risks, legal department workload, outside counsel use, and matter status.
With features that make the day-to-day responsibilities of legal department staff easier and more efficient as well as support
the needs of executive management, Passport Legal Matter Management optimizes departmental performance and supports more strategic
legal department management.
Mouse over steps to view more
Simplify and streamline the way your attorneys and legal staff work.
- Highly intuitive user interface designed for lawyers, with role-based dashboard views that deliver only relevant information, tasks, reminders, and reports to each team member
- Outlook® Module enables convenient day-to-day management of matters from within the Microsoft® Outlook interface, where many people are most comfortable working
- Wizards and rules-based workflows efficiently drive legal staff through common tasks like matter setup and automatically assign tasks and generate reminders and notifications
- Powerful global search functionality, including full-text search of documents, ensures staff quickly locate matter details they seek
Improve visibility into risks and trends and make more proactive and strategic business decisions.
Improve collaboration and knowledge sharing among internal and external team members.
- Business intelligence engine, built into the common platform, empowers actionable analytics and in-depth measurement and benchmarking across all areas of legal operations
- Ability to monitor and track the status of matters throughout their life cycle and the associated risk and exposure
- Role-based dashboard reports provide real-time, at-a-glance views of key performance indicators, making it easy to identify trends and potential risks
- Scheduled and event-driven reports deliver timely and relevant data to each user
- Ability to conduct trend analysis to identify potential areas for cost savings or efficiency improvements
Ensure your matter management solution can meet the needs your business has now… and those you can’t even imagine yet.
- Single, secure place to track all information associated with a vast matter portfolio, enabling easy sharing of knowledge and work product among a global legal team
- Ability to collaborate with outside counsel on anything, including budgets, timekeeper rates, matter narratives, and other custom forms of collaboration
- Passport Collaboration Portal provides secure pipeline for the exchange of any type of information with outside counsel, eliminating risks posed by traditional ASP model solutions where external service providers have direct system access
- Outlook Module supports quick and easy sharing of matter updates and information and streamlines their capture in the matter management system
- Industry-leading level of configurability ensures screens, workflows, rules, reports, and more support the unique and evolving needs of both litigation and transactional practice areas, as well as individual business units, regions, etc.
- Best practice-based templates, available at no extra cost, provide standardized sets of special functionality for specific matter types, simplifying configuration to meet unique business needs
- Internationalization and localization features meet the needs of a global workforce, displaying information in each user’s preferred currency and date/time format
- Passport toolkits provide each customer with powerful tools to configure, integrate, and even extend the solution on its own, eliminating reliance on vendors or third-party consultants and empowering the customer to quickly adapt to changing business needs