Legal Spend Management
Passport® Legal Spend Management is part of Datacert’s suite of industry-leading
solutions for enterprise legal management. With more than 400 completed implementations for its extensive
base of Fortune and Global Fortune 500 clients, Datacert has unparalleled e-billing and legal spend management
experience and best practices expertise. Passport Legal Spend Management unites this deep understanding of
spend management with Passport’s powerful capabilities, including superior usability features that simplify
how lawyers work, robust tools for internal and external collaboration, enhanced visibility into spend across
all areas of legal operations, and an unprecedented ability for the customer to configure and extend
its own solution to keep pace with its unique business needs. In fact, Passport has been recognized by Hyperion Research,
the leading analyst firm focused on legal technology and operations, for its industry-leading design and usability
and extensive configuration and development tools.
Understanding the costs associated with legal matters is an essential part of strategic legal
department management. Passport Legal Spend Management dramatically improves corporate counsel’s ability to
manage and reduce costs by capturing granular spend information from outside counsel, automating cumbersome
invoice audit and review processes, and providing actionable analytics that support management of matters at
individual and aggregate levels. By consistently enforcing billing guidelines, streamlining business
processes, and providing visibility into spend, Passport Legal Spend Management delivers significant
return-on-investment and represents a critical part of a legal department’s comprehensive strategy for
effective matter, risk, and compliance management.
Mouse over steps to view more
Deliver significant cost savings and streamline the way your attorneys and legal staff work.
- E-billing eliminates hassles and overhead associated with paper invoices
- Powerful rules engine automatically catches billing errors and enforces compliance with outside counsel guidelines, alternative fee arrangements, and negotiated discounts
- Dynamic workflow engine streamlines time-consuming reviews of invoices and other financial data, enabling attorneys to focus on practice of law
- Highly-intuitive user interface designed for lawyers with role-based dashboard views delivers only relevant information, tasks, reminders, and reports to each team member
Gain visibility into legal spend that informs smart, proactive decision-making.
Enhance relationships and improve collaboration with internal business partners and outside counsel.
- Business intelligence engine, built into the common platform, empowers actionable analytics and in-depth measurement and benchmarking of financials across the entire legal department
- Library of best practices-based performance reports provides comprehensive views of spend across an entire matter portfolio
- Reporting tools empower corporate counsel to conduct a detailed, forensic analysis of spend to benchmark firms and identify opportunities for cost savings and improved value – e.g., bring work in-house, utilize AFAs, disaggregate matters to source work to multiple firms, etc.
- Role-based dashboard reports provide real-time, at-a-glance views of key performance indicators, making it easy to identify trends and potential risks
- Scheduled and event-driven reports deliver timely and relevant data to each user
Support the unique needs of your business now and in the future, without a crystal ball.
- Visually-rich reports enable effective communication and setting of expectations around why and how matters are managed and budget is spent
- Passport Collaboration Portal provides secure pipeline for the exchange of any type of information with outside counsel, eliminating risks posed by traditional ASP model solutions where external service providers have direct system access
- Collaboration Module enables the legal department to collaborate with outside counsel on anything, including budgets, timekeeper rates, accruals, and other custom forms of collaboration
- Industry-leading level of configurability ensures screens, workflows, rules, reports, and more support the unique and evolving needs of both litigation and transactional practice areas, as well as individual business units, regions, etc.
- Passport toolkits provide each customer with powerful tools to configure, integrate, and even extend the solution on its own, eliminating reliance on vendors or third-party consultants and empowering the customer to quickly adapt to changing business needs
- Full support for compliance with the EU VAT Directive as well as multi-currency capabilities enable e-billing on a global scale in compliance with varied and complex tax and regulatory requirements
- Internationalization and localization features meet the needs of a global workforce, displaying information in each user’s preferred currency and date/time format