⁄ Legal Application Modules
Global E-Billing Tax Compliance
With Passport®, Datacert delivers the only solution on the market certified by leading third-party international tax
advisors as providing comprehensive support for compliance with VAT (or country-specific equivalent, such as TVA, MOMS, etc.).
The Global E-Billing Tax Compliance Module complements Passport’s inherent VAT support by providing optional features and services
to streamline management of VAT invoices and meet unique, country-specific VAT regulations in key European jurisdictions or
satisfy a company’s own internal compliance policies.
Leveraging Datacert’s unparalleled experience with global e-billing deployments,
the know-how of its local European staff, as well as its uniquely comprehensive understanding of the VAT regulations regarding e-billing,
Datacert has developed a solution that fully supports compliance with the EU VAT Directive’s requirements
for an e-invoice’s content, transmission, and storage, while also offering a single, reliable approach to compliant e-billing across multiple
European jurisdictions. And, unlike competitors’ solutions, Datacert’s comprehensive VAT solution incorporates the proven, technical methods
for guaranteeing an e-invoice’s authenticity and integrity that are recognized throughout Europe and certified by leading tax authorities,
leaving no room for the ambiguity that other solutions may invite and the subsequent risk of lengthy, in-depth tax audits. In fact,
Datacert has been recognized by Hyperion Research, the leading analyst firm focused on legal technology and operations, as the only
provider that offers a comprehensive solution that fully supports the unique and complex e-billing requirements in Europe, according
to their in-depth research report on e-billing and matter management systems.
Key features and services available with the Global E-Billing Tax Compliance Module include:
- Integrated, end-to-end digital signatures support, which enables legal service providers to embed an accredited digital signature in an e-invoice file and includes signature validation and reporting capabilities for the corporate client
- VAT invoice correction support, which provides rules and reports that support automated processing of the request and submission of a revised e-invoice to correct an e-invoice that requires an adjustment
- A set of best practices-based business rules in support of VAT compliance
- Automated support for exporting invoices in original and human readable formats on a scheduled basis for archiving, as well as generating key reports for EDI audit purposes
- Software escrow services in multiple European jurisdictions, including the UK and France