⁄ Passport ⁄ Platform Components
The rules engine is a core component of the Passport® technology platform that uses customer-defined business
rules to trigger actions within any application built on Passport. The Passport rules engine is a high performance,
enterprise-scalable BPM (Business Process Management) tool that:
- Can be leveraged to drive dynamic workflow processes, trigger notifications, and audit data for compliance with corporate standards and guidelines
- Can apply rules to any type of data within the system: matters, people, organizations, financials, etc.
- Has the flexibility to apply a rule system-wide, or, very specifically target a rule’s usage, e.g., apply a rule only to a specific business unit, matter type, practice area, law firm, matter, etc.
- Can leverage any data within the Passport database or even reach into external databases in real-time when applying a rule
- Is fully-configurable using Passport toolkits, which empower clients to easily configure and create rules on their own
- Can be extended using the Developer Toolkit when building custom applications on the Passport platform