The Passport® Collaboration Module excels beyond basic delegation of data entry to law firms to support true collaboration between a legal or claims department and its legal service providers. Datacert understands the business needs underlying the exchange of timekeeper, accrual, budget, and matter-related data with outside counsel and has designed unique collaborative tools that not only streamline the capture of this data, but also provide legal and claims departments with end-to-end support for key business processes, maximum control over data integrity, and richer data for analysis and reporting. And, unlike traditional SaaS model solutions, the Passport Collaboration Module leverages the Passport Collaboration Portal to securely transmit data between outside counsel and the legal or claims department, ensuring external legal service providers never have direct access to the department’s confidential legal database and maximizing data security. Legal service providers benefit from improved communication with their clients and a streamlined and auditable approvals process for budgets, new timekeepers, and timekeeper rate changes.
Key features of the Collaboration Module include:
- End-to-end support for the electronic request, receipt, and review of budget, timekeeper, accrual, and matter status information from external legal service providers
- A set of fully-configurable, best practices-based templates, business rules, workflows, and reports used to standardize, audit, review, and analyze the data and information captured from outside counsel
- Client-configurable collaboration templates ensure each legal or claims department can consistently capture the exact data it needs from all legal service providers, ensuring uniformity in reporting and analysis
- Bulk download/upload feature for legal service providers that makes it quick and easy to fulfill client requests
- External parties never directly access the client’s application – all data is exchanged through the Passport Collaboration Portal to maximize security